General Resources for students/teachers
- Beginning to learn German? :: here's a quiz - you probably know some German already!
- die Flagge von Deutschland / Germany's flag
Umlauts and ß :: one way of typing Umlauts and ß if you don't have a German-language keyboard (Windows & Mac)
- Search engines
- Fireball - "deine anonyme Suchmaschine"
- MetaGer - German search engine that draws on many other search engines
- Robert Shea's index :: large index of German vocabulary exercises and practice resources
- Languages Online :: Junior German materials (Department of Education, Victoria, Australia)
- Languages Online (UK) :: Languages Online (Andrew Balaam, UK)
- Wikipedia :: freie Online-Enzyklopädie auf Deutsch
- The German Quiz :: (from the best-selling book, How to be German, by an Englishman living in Germany - he throws a few stereotypes around)
- Media gallery of the German National Tourist Board - check out photos and more of great places and scenes all around Germany.
- DeutschLern.net :: practice reading (3 levels of difficulty, current themes/news), vocab, grammar. Free to use, login required.
- DaF-Seite :: exercises and tests, reading, culture, games (Ralf Kinas)
- BBC Education, German - Bitesize :: organised into activities/materials for Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing, Grammar
- Kaleidoskop :: diese Plattform ist für Jugendliche und Erwachsene in Deutschland und im Ausland. Informationsaustausch. “Alltag in meinem Land” – Berichte von Menschen und Alltagssituationen aus aller Welt.
- Young-Germany.de :: aim is to inform young people across the globe about their opportunities in Germany.
- Vocabulix.com :: in this website you can choose to use the Vocabulary Trainer or the Conjugation Trainer. The vocab trainer has preset exercises in topic areas such as Animals, Sports, and School.
- Fonetiks :: getting
used to the sounds of German? Visit Fonetiks, scroll down their page
to "German", and hear different vowel and consonant sounds
in sample words.
- ThoughtCo.com :: German Language.
- Jugendsprache :: teenager slang! Warmduscher-ABC - slang names for different sorts of wimps and
Task: find names in the site to use for certain types of music fans, fitness freaks, workaholics, over-fussy/pedantic people, continual worriers (etc.)
- STERN Online :: online version of the news magazine
- Sowieso :: magazine
for teenagers (look at articles in the "A-Z archive") - this site is no longer updated
- The German-speaking countries :: general info about the countries with the largest number of German-speakers
Kinderseiten :: Deutsche
Kinderseiten (Bayswater Primary School's collection of links to German sites for children)
- Prominenten-Raten (Celebrity Heads auf Deutsch!) :: sample questions to help you say questions and guess your identity in this classroom game - if you can, view this screen on a computer device on your lap while playing.
- Ab ins Bett! :: ...Don't sit at your computer late at night, or your mummy
will come in and say "Ab